Gnuscript is a customizable set of (perl, for now) scripts that makes site administration easy and secure. In a nutshell, it includes: -MODULES-
1) A user module: Adds/Removes/Edits user account information.
2) A forum module: A modified version of the Albert Fong Device (more secure, friendlier) that allows users and guests alike to post threads and replies. Full fledged functionality with user permissions (for moderating boards). Integrated with user module.
3) A news (gnus?) module: Allows the posting, removal, changing, viewing, and previewing of news items on a site. Full fledged functionality with user permissions (for moderating news, adding it, removing it, etc). Integrated with user module.
4) A mirror module: Makes synchronizing mirror sites really simple.
5) A logger module: Logs site visitor info (referrer, ip, host) -MISC.-
1) A counter script
2) A suggestions script (so visitors can make suggestions)
3) A poll script
An easy to read, step by step guide to installing and maintaining GnusScript. -CHANGELOG-
A log of all the changes made in recent, old, and the current version.
Sunday, July 21, 2002
I've finished all miscellanious (?) scripts, including guestbook, counter, suggestions script, poll, and downloads. I'm almost finished finished with the user module. Work is slow. I'm surprised this site gets as many visitors as it does...
Friday, April 12, 2002
Finished poll script. Updated site
Wednesday, March 27, 2002
I finished the news module. Also,my plans to create the mirror module have been
axed. Expect gnusscript version 1.0 flavor perl within a month. ALso, I think
it's a shame sourceforge doesn't run FTP. grr.
Wednesday, March 13, 2002
I finished the suggestion script. Oh yes, an announcement, the counter script isn't working (for some weird reason).
Well, it's still being developed. Wait a couple days. If you want to join the dev group, and you already have a Sourceforge account, you know what to do. If you don't, mail me @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
As soon as I finish writing GnusScript, the suggestion script will work, but for now, email me @ email@example.com